Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Strength Stack 52 Workout...

I posted a status on Facebook a while ago stating that my favourite leather belt (about 8 or 10 years old now) was still serving me well, but in recent months I was gravitating towards the last belt hole as I was steadily losing those pounds which creep up on you in early middle-age...

Latest: I had to cut a new hole today, having lost about 2.5 stone (what's that, 35lbs? ish?) even though I've gained a lot of muscle mass. Constant cycling has helped a lot, but a better diet has been a struggle, as I'm a chef by trade so I have to sample everything.

The main driver though, has been the Strength Stack 52 card system, a great idea funded entirely by public donation via Kickstarter. Glad to see the system is finally getting the credit where it deserves, as seen by an article on Lifehacker today.

I know this sounds like a big plug for the cards, but jeez, they work for me. Here's a video of the creator, Mike Volkin, talking about how he came up with the idea.


Here's the 'Periodic Table' which gives you an idea of the different classes and routes of exercises. Click for bigger image.